Monday, December 26, 2011
Wine Tasting Party
This past summer we got together with friends for a night of wine tasting fun. We had all intentions of hosting one each month, but a) we started right before football season and weekends were very hard to plan this Fall when someones favorite team was not playing...and b) I got pregnant so I didn't pursue finding a date to get together. However, the concept was simple and so fun! I have all intentions of reinstating these such events as soon as I can drink and my life with a little one settles down in 2012.
How it works:
1) Find a home to host the event
2) Send out invites
3) Each attendee brings 1 bottle of wine(conceal its label when you arrive)
4) Place in paper bag and write a number on the front and the letter R for "red" or W for White
5) Place all reds in a row and all whites in a row
6) Give each attendee a scoring sheet
7) Each guest should sample each wine and rank them
8) At the end all votes are tallied and ranked! The guest who brought the winning red and winning white receive a prize! In our case, the host bought gift cards to local restaurants on restaurant.com....but the choice is yours!
We found it fun to also add in the element of cost....it was interesting to see if the wine was a cheap bottle or a pricey bottle of wine! Here are some photos of our fun....and might I brag...my Frogs Leap Sauvignon Blanc won the winning white :-)